This Course is available in the following format:
ZigBee Training In depth Course
ZigBee is a short range wireless technology targeted at telemetry, measurement, control and monitoring. It is very low power and ideally suited for this marketplace. This ZigBee Training In depth course examines the use of ZigBee and it’s application.
● If you are familiar with some aspects of this ZigBee Training In Depth course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
● We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
● If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the ZigBee Training In Depth course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this ZigBee Training In Depth course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
● Summaries, compare and contrast WLAN and WPAN technologies
● List the features and benefits of 802.15.4/ZigBee.
● Describe in overview the operation of 802.15.4/ZigBee.
● Describe the applications for 802.15.4/ZigBee.
● Describe the security issues and solutions for ZigBee. By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
● Define the key features and benefits of 802.15.4.
● Describe the 802.15.4 standard and technologies employed by ZigBee.
● Install and configure an 802.15.4 device.
● Plan and Design 802.15.4 networks.
● Create 802.15.4 applications.
● Secure an 802.15.4 network
ZigBee Training In Depth – Course Syllabus:
◾Current 802.15.4 standards
◾Review of Wireless standards
◾Wireless networking basics
◾WLAN vs WPAN
◾What is ZigBee/802.15.4?
◾Data rates, ranges
◾11b vs ZigBee
◾Bluetooth vs ZigBee
◾Target markets and applications
◾Overview of IEEE WPAN standards
◾Features and services
◾15.4 / ZigBee
◾Frequencies and modulation
◾DSSS spread spectrum
◾Symbols, chips and bit rates
◾Review of the OSI 7 Layer Model
◾PHY data transfer primitives
◾The PHY packet
◾PHY PIB management
◾Hands on lab: Working with PHY primitives
802.15.4 MAC layer: Data
◾The MAC layer overview
◾CSMA/CA MAC scheme
◾Overview of 802.15.4 data transfer
◾Data transfer primitives
◾Data frame analysis
◾Hands on lab: Practical networking with ZigBee
802.15.4 MAC layer: Data control
◾Data acquisition management
◾Hands on lab: Using RX-ENABLE and POLL primitives
802.15.4 MAC layer: scan and join
◾Hands on lab: Joining and leaving a coordinated network
802.15.4 MAC layer: PAN maintenance
◾Beacon frames and primitives
◾Orphan and synchronisation primitives
◾Hands on lab: Starting and synchronising with a beaconing network
802.15.4 MAC layer: PIB
◾GET, SET and RESET
◾Hands on lab: Using PIB primitives
802.15.4 Network topologies
◾Peer to peer topology
◾Roaming and bridging to other networks
◾Upper layer protocols
◾Sockets system interface
◾Wireless security issues