This Course is available in the following format:
ZigBee Training Fundamentals Course Description
ZigBee is a short range wireless technology targeted at telemetry, measurement, control and monitoring. It is very low power and ideally suited for this marketplace. This ZigBee Training Fundamentals course examines the use of ZigBee and it’s application.
● If you are familiar with some aspects of this ZigBee Training Fundamentals course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
● We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
● If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the ZigBee Training Fundamentals course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this ZigBee Training Fundamentals course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
● Summarise, compare and contrast WLAN and WPAN technologies
● List the features and benefits of 802.15.4/ZigBee
● Describe in overview the operation of 802.15.4/ZigBee
● Describe the applications for 802.15.4/ZigBee
● Describe the security issues and solutions for ZigBee
ZigBee Training Fundamentals – Course Syllabus:
◾Current 802.15.4 standards
◾Review of Wirelss standards
◾Wireless networking basics
◾WLAN vs WPAN
◾What is ZigBee/802.15.4?
◾Data rates, ranges
◾11b vs ZigBee
◾Bluetooth vs ZigBee
◾Target markets and applications
ZigBee Standards and technology
◾Review of the OSI 7 layer model
◾IEEE WPAN standards overview
◾IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee
◾Frequencies and channels
◾15.4 MAC layer
◾CSMA/CA MAC scheme
ZigBee topologies and applications
◾Use in toys, door bells, remote control, etc.
◾Use in home and office automation, etc.
Use in site security, tracking, etc.
◾Use in PC networks, etc.
Roaming and bridging to other networks
◾Upper layer protocols
◾Wireless security issues