This Course is available in the following format:
VoIP for Managers Training Course by Example
As VoIP for Managers Training goes mainstream and starts to supplant the traditional phone connections, understanding this technology becomes critical for all concerned with telecommunications and information technologies. With the confusing array of systems and applications that are now available, many mergers and acquisitions that have taken place, and the many new players that are in the marketplace – not to mention the protocols advancements that have occurred — VoIP is not an easy technology to grasp.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this VoIP for Managers Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
• Get advice and ideas on how to deploy your own VoIP communications network from the meeting with a potential client or vendor to the design, procurement, and installation of the network.
• Describe the current markets and applications for VoIP communications
• List the key components of a VoIP network and describe how they work together
• Reduce costs by using open standards such as SIP
• Manage the deployment of a VoIP network
VoIP for Managers Training – Course Content:
This VoIP Training for Non-Engineers course will help you understand both the technology and applications of VoIP in simple, on-technical terms. We will discuss the types of VoIP deployments ranging from home offices and branch locations to campus environments. We will review the components of a VoIP system including all of the key definitions, concepts, and technologies. Finally, we will learn how to plan a successful VoIP deployment and how to avoid the common pitfalls through understanding of best -fits for deployment methodologies. At the end of this one-day course, you will have acquired a comprehensive overview of this technology from both the technical and managerial perspective.