This Course is available in the following format:
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 Course Hands-on
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 is a 5 day intense, hands-on, training course that is a blend of the vSphere: Optimize & Scale and vSphere Troubleshooting classes; it brings the best of each of these advanced courses into a single unique offering that equips experienced VMware administrators with the knowledge to effectively optimize and troubleshoot vSphere at an expert level. This VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 also provides excellent preparation for vSphere certifications such as the VCP-DCV, VCAP-DCA and the VCIX-DCV.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 course:
• System Administrators
• System Integrators
• 1+ years hands on experience with vSphere.
Upon completing this VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise.
• Manage changes to the vSphere environment.
• Optimize the performance of all vSphere components.
• Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell and VMware vSphere® Management Assistant to manage vSphere
• Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision ESXi hosts.
• Harden the vSphere environment against security threats.
• Use the VMware vSphere® Web Client, the command-line interface, and log files to diagnose and correct problems in vSphere.
• Troubleshoot networking, storage, vCenter Server, ESXi host, vSphere cluster, vMotion® & virtual machine issues.
VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track Training v6.0 – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Course Introduction
Introductions and course logistics
Course goals and objectives
Module 2. Performance in a Virtual Environment
vSphere performance troubleshooting methodology
Software and hardware virtualization techniques and their effects on performance.
Use vSphere performance monitoring tools
Module 3: Troubleshooting Tools
Adding the VMware Management Assistant to an Active Directory environment
Using commands to interrogate your vSphere environment
Locating important log files
Gathering log bundles for technical support
Module 4: Secure vSphere
Describe the features and benefits of VMware Platform Services Controller™
Configure ESXi host access and authorization
Secure ESXi, vCenter Server, and virtual machines
Upgrade ESXi and vCenter Server instances
Module 5: Network Scalability
Create, configure, and manage vSphere distributed switches
Migrate virtual machines from standard switches to distributed switches
Explain distributed switch features such as private VLANs, VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control, port mirroring, LACP, QoS tagging, and NetFlow
Module 6: Network Optimization
Explain the performance features of network adapters
Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
Monitor key network performance metrics
Use vSphere Management Assistant to manage virtual network configurations
Troubleshoot common network performance problems
Module 7: Network Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting standard switch issues
Troubleshooting virtual machine network connectivity issues
Troubleshooting management network connectivity issues
Troubleshooting distributed switch issues
Module 8: Storage Scalability
Explain vSphere storage APIs for array integration and storage awareness
Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
Create and use virtual volumes in vSphere
Module 9: Storage Optimization
Diagnose storage access problems
Explain how storage protocols, VMware vSphere® VMFS configuration, load balancing, and queuing affect performance
Configure vSphere® Flash Read Cache™
Monitor key storage performance metrics
Troubleshoot common storage performance problems
Module 10: Storage Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting LUN connectivity issues
Troubleshooting multi pathing issues
Module 11: CPU Optimization
Explain the CPU scheduler operation, NUMA support, and other features that affect CPU performance
Monitor key CPU performance metrics
Troubleshoot common CPU performance problems
Module 12: Memory Optimization
Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host swapping techniques for memory reclamation when memory is overcommitted
Monitor key memory performance metrics
Troubleshoot common memory performance problems
Module 13: VM and Cluster Optimization
Describe guidelines for optimizing virtual machine configuration
Discuss how vGPU usage affects virtual machine performance
Discuss guidelines for using resource allocation settings & resource pools.
Discuss guidelines for using vSphere DRS clusters
Troubleshoot common vSphere cluster problems
Module 14: Cluster Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting vSphere cluster issues
Troubleshooting vSphere vMotion issues
Module 15: VM Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting virtual machine state issues
Troubleshooting VMware® Tools™ installation issues
Troubleshooting VMware snapshot issues
Troubleshooting virtual machine power-on issues
Module 16: Host Management and Scalability
Describe and use host profiles
Define and use content libraries
Use VMware vSphere® PowerCLI™
Use Virtual Machine Converter
Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI and vSphere Auto Deploy
Module 17: vCenter Server & ESXi Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting vCenter Server & ESXi issues
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!