This Course is available in the following format:
VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training Hands-on
This 5-day VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training course prepares you to lead VMware NSX® design and deployment projects by providing an understanding of general design processes and frameworks. You look at the design and deployment considerations for network virtualization as part of an overall software-defined data center design.
• VMware NSX 6.2
• vSphere 6
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training course:
• Network professionals who have experience working with VMware NSX and are responsible for designing or deploying virtualized network architecture.
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage (NSXICM) course or VMware NSX for Internetworking Experts Fast Track (NSXFT).
• Passing of the VCP-NV certification is recommended
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Cisco UCS Director Foundation Training (UCSDF) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
[*] Understand and apply a design framework [*] Apply design process for gathering requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks [*] Analyze existing physical networking and security components, processes, and operations [*] Design a VMware vSphere® Virtual Data Center to support NSX requirements [*] Design a physical network to support network virtualization in a software-defined data center [*] Design logical network services [*] Design logical security services [*] Design a data center rack solution to support scalability and high availability [*] Identify management, monitoring, and operational tools for a proposed solution [*] Analyze the operational readiness of an organization and perform a skills gap analysis [*] Analyze alternate design choices for risk mitigation
VMware NSX: Design and Deploy Training – Course Syllabus:
1 Course Introduction
Introductions and course logistics
2 Design Process and Principles
Understand the design process
Understand design frameworks
3 Architecture and Components
Understand the management, control and data planes
Describe VMware NSX® Manager™
Design the VMware NSX® Controller™ cluster
4 Switching and Routing
Design an Ethernet infrastructure
Describe VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch™
Design a logical switching solution
Design a bridging solution
Design a VMware NSX logical router solution
5 Edge Services
Design a remote access solution
Design load-balancing services
Design a defense in depth
Design edge firewall services
Design distributed firewall services
Design and integrate security services
7 Cross-vCenter and Multisite
Describe cross-vCenter solutions
Design multisite NSX solutions
Design a VMware NSX solution with stretched clusters
8 Operations and Automation
Describe native operational tools
Describe VMware integrated monitoring tools
Design a VMware NSX monitoring and operations solution that leverages third-party tools
9 Enterprise Design Lab
Design and present a conceptual solution
Design and present a logical solution
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!