This Course is available in the following format:
VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training v6.0 Hands-on
This VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training v6.0 course presents a methodology for designing and deploying a VMware Horizon® solution. The design methodology includes recommendations for the type of information and data that must be gathered and analyzed to make sound design decisions for the client systems, the desktop options, the VMware vSphere® infrastructure, and the Horizon components. VMware best practices are presented for each phase of the design process. During this class, you apply your new knowledge by working with other participants to design and deploy a Horizon solution for a real-world project.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training course:
• Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing Horizon solutions.
• Virtualized desktop implementation experience.
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage (VHVICM) course or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course for VCA-DCV certification.
Upon completing this VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Assess the business and application requirements of an environment
• Design a Horizon infrastructure architecture that addresses the needs of the environment and follows VMware best practices
• Document a design that can be implemented
• Design and deploy a comprehensive Horizon solution
VMware Horizon: Design and Deploy Training – Course Syllabus:
Introductions and course logistics
Define customer business objectives
Gather and analyze business and application requirements
Use a systematic methodology to evaluate and document design decisions
Identify the design process to build a Horizon solution
Use the Horizon reference architecture to deploy a Horizon solution
Outline the process to define a use case
Determine use cases for a given business case study
Pool and Desktop Design
Map use cases to Horizon instances and Horizon pools
Create and deploy desktop pools for a given use case
List the key considerations for sizing hardware for a desktop virtual machine
Identify key virtual desktop performance tuning and Windows optimizations and their effect on Horizon performance
Horizon Block And Pod Design
Identify the components of a typical Horizon block and pod
Outline the relationships between Horizon management block components
Design a Horizon desktop block and pod configuration for a given use case
Configure cloud pod architecture for multisite pool access
VMware Infrastructure Design
Identify factors and design decisions that determine the sizing for VMware ESXi™ hosts
Estimate and size CPU and memory requirements
Describe the design considerations for sizing network capacity
Outline the privileges that are required by an administrative user account
Identify factors that determine the sizing for shared storage
Identify benefits of using tiered storage for linked-clone pools
Identify use cases and benefits of using View Storage Accelerator
Identify use cases and benefits of using persistent disks and disposable-files disks in linked-clone desktops
Identify use cases and benefits of using VMware Virtual SAN™
Network and Security Design
Identify the design decisions related to bandwidth utilization
Identify use cases and benefits of using load balancing and traffic management
Identify the best practices for avoiding network congestion
Identify use cases and benefits of using firewalls for DMZ-based security servers
End-User Session And Device Design
Identify VMware best practices for Active Directory (AD) containers, groups, and GPO policies in a Horizon solution
Discuss alternatives for managing user profiles
Describe benefits of using View Persona Management
Identify client device characteristics and requirements
Deploying and Managing Applications
Describe the importance of the application delivery mechanism
Determine which Horizon application tool should be used to accomplish which business objectives
Design and create RDS farms and application pools to support the deployment of applications
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!