This Course is available in the following format:
Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI Training – Hands-on
In this Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI Training course, you will learn how to use DevOps tools for a common data center integration scenario. You will practice using the most popular tools on a Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) for a classical data center integration. While configuring the ACI fabric, you will have the opportunity to use and compare various DevOps tools. Hands-on labs will teach you how to use Postman and Python to create, modify, and upload scripts. You will also use GitHub to download existing policies and to back up policies that you create in order to help you quickly perform configuration tasks. Additionally, you will learn how to use Visore and API inspector to troubleshoot. By the end of this course, you will be able to prepare a switch Fabric for data center integration.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI Training course:
• End users
• Sales engineers
• Field engineers
• Network engineers
• Server administrators
• Storage administrators
• Cisco channel partners
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI Training course are:
• Basic networking knowledge
• Basic Linux knowledge
• Basic software defined networking (SDN) knowledge
• Understanding Networking Fundamentals
• SDN Fundamentals: The Future of Networking
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Using DevOps Tools with Cisco ACI Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Perform Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) Fabric discovery
• Prepare the DevOps environment by installing various DevOps tools
• Practice using GitHub to view, download, modify, and upload policies
• Use API Inspector to capture application program interface (API) calls
• Use Postman to configure the application profile containing Endpoint Groups (EPGs), bridge domains, virtual routing and forwarding (VRFs), and subnets
• Use Postman to configure a Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) integration
• Use Postman to configure provided and consumed contracts for Endpoint Groups (EPGs)
• Use basic Python commands to establish Layer 3 connectivity
• Use advanced Python commands to create Layer 2 connectivity
• Use Visore and API Inspector to troubleshoot ACI fabric issues
1. Introduction to DevOps
What Is DevOps?
Characteristics of a Useful DevOps Tool
How Does DevOps Work with ACI?
2. DevOps Tools
Types of DevOps Tools
What Is GitHub?
What Are Scripts?
4. API Inspector
What Are API Calls?
What Is API Inspector?
What Is Puppet?
What Is a Fabric Access Policy?
What Is Postman?
What Are APIs?
What Is an Application Profile?
What Is VMM Integration?
What Are Contracts?
What Is Python?
Basic Python Commands
Advanced Python Commands
What Is Visore?
Using Visore with API Inspector
Lab 1: Performing ACI Fabric Discovery
Lab 2: Installing DevOps Tools
Lab 3: Using GitHub
Lab 4: Using the API Inspector
Lab 5: Configuring the Fabric Access Policy with Puppet
Lab 6: Configuring the Application Profile with Postman
Lab 7: Configuring VMM Integration with Postman
Lab 8: Configuring Contracts with Postman
Lab 9: Establishing L3 Connectivity with Python
Lab 10: Creating and Sending API Calls with Python
Lab 11: Using Visore with a DevOps Tool