This Course is available in the following format:
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training Course Description
This three-day short Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training covers the design of unmanned air vehicles. The Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training course will cover the history and classes of UAVs, requirement definition, command and control concepts and UAV aircraft design. It provides first-hand understanding of the entire design and development process for unmanned vehicles from their involvement in the DARPA MAV development and as the lead for the Army’s Brigade Combat Team Modernization Class I, Increment Two vehicle. The instructor is currently working towards first flight and was a key contributor to requirements development, conceptual design, design optimization. UAV’s history will be covered and the lessons learned and the breadth of the design space. UAV’s are and will be key components of aviation. From the nano sized flapping vehicles to the extreme duration of high altitude surveillance vehicles.
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training – Customize It:
• We can adapt this Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training – Skills Gained:
• UAV design is not a simple task that can be fully learned in a short time, however, the scope of the problem can be outlined
• The design process is similar to any aircraft design, but there are unique tasks involved in replacing the intelligence of the pilot.
• The long history of UAV’s and the breadth of the design space will be covered
• Lessons learned from experience and by observation will be shared in the course.
• We will cover the tools and techniques that are used to make design decisions and modifications.
• Representative practical examples of UAV will be presented.
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training – Related Courses:
Unmanned Air Vehicle Design Training – Course Content:
• Brief history of UAV’s “How did toys become useful?”
• Classes of UAV’s
–Rotary Wing / VTOL
UAV Requirements Definition
• Operational Concepts
• Mission definition
• Requirements Flow-down
Command and Control Concepts
• Ground based operation
• Autonomous operation
• Systems and subsystems definition
• System Safety and Reliability Concerns
UAV Aircraft Design
• Propulsion and propulsion system integration concepts
• Flight Controls and Handling Qualities.
–Operational influences on control strategies
–Vehicle analysis & how it affects control strategies
–Make sure you have enough sensor bandwidth
–Making sure you have enough control surfaces / power / bandwidth (choosing an actuator)
–Gust rejection and trajectory performance
Case study Examples
• Case study 1: Large turbine design
• Case study 2: Small piston engine design
• Cost Analysis
• Design Tools
• Design Optimization
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!