This Course is available in the following format:
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training Course Description
This unique 7-Day UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training (Sunday to Saturday) comprehensive ground and flight program is designed for commercial, civilian, and government groups and individuals with the desire to enter the field of small UAS multi-rotor flight operations and Aerial Imaging. It then builds on those skill-sets for those wanting to bring their potential to full fruition in the Aerial Photography field as a professional operator in the commercial sector. It is recognized to qualify for insurance by leading aviation brokerages and covers all the topics suggested by the FAA in anticipation of regulated commercial UAS operations.
The 7-day in-residence portion of Multi-rotor Small UAS Aerial Photography Course comprises of an initial 4-days focusing on Safe Flight operations both in the classroom, simulator, hands-on maintenance and then flight experience. The following 3 Days focuses on using the aircraft and cameras in a professional photography / videography context. We supply the aircraft, the instructors and the flying areas; you bring the thirst for knowledge and a new cutting-edge skill set.
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training – Customize It:
• We can adapt this UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training – Skills Gained:
• SUAS Multi-rotor Basic Principles.
• Multi-rotor Components, Systems & Maintenance.
• EO Digital Camera Operation (Stills and video).
• Mission Planning & Execution.
• Aerial Photography Intro.
• SUAS Aerial Imaging Concepts of Operations (CONOPS).
• Post-Mission Image Workflow and Analysis.
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training – Related Courses:
UAS Multi-Rotor Small Operations Training – Course Content:
• Initial Qualification Training (online). The 8 module online elearning Initial Qualification Course (IQT1) which has been built from ‘best practices’ in both manned, radio-controlled and UAS/RPAS international communities. The IQT1 is designed to provide essential aeronautical information for serious amateurs and professionals operating Small UAS in National Airspaces with topics that include all applicable regulations and guidance documents; aeronautical background information such as charts, NOTAMS and Aircraft Circulars; Radio Communications Procedures; Human Factors and Crew Resource Management; Basic Small UAS Aerodynamics; Weather factors; Airmanship and Decision-making and Safe Operating Procedures.
• Multirotor Safe Flight (groundschool and flight ops). The inresidence portion of Multi-rotor Small UAS Aerial Photography Course comprises of a series of classroom based Ground-School lectures with hands-on flight instruction in a unique training facility. This course covers the basics of flight including physics, aircraft mechanics, system power, operator interface, weather, safety, mission planning, and post-mission procedures. Flight operations scale from basic flight maneuvers to flying live image-capture scenarios using the operator observer flight-team concept.
• Aerial Photography.The course then focuses on the art of Aerial Photography with multi-rotors to include ground and flight instruction and practical exercises. All elements of commercial SUAS AP are taught, to include client interaction, pricing, scene procedures and talent interactions. A series of complex practical flight scenarios, with clients, teams and common ‘show stoppers’ are used to bring the training into focus. No previous flight or imaging experience is necessary and we provide the latest SUAS multi-rotors, to include DJI Phantom variants and 350QX aircraft equipped with GoPro3 and Zenmuse gimbals.
• Ground Quiz and Flight Practical Test. All attendees will be prepared to undertake a comprehensive knowledge review followed by a demonstration of flying abilities prior to graduation. Remedial training is provided at no extra cost.
Certification.Successful graduates will receive a certificate that is recognized by leading aviation insurance brokerages as well as George Mason University’s Professional Credits program.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help!