This Course is available in the following format:
Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training Course Description
This four-day Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training covers techniques for setting up intercept and jamming links for Electronic Warfare (EW) against ground to ground enemy communication signals, UAV command and data links, cell phone links and weapon control links (including IEDs). It starts with a discussion of the one-way communication link, then covers the important propagation modes for communication band EW, modern signal modulations, and the techniques for predicting intercept and jamming performance as a function of the tactical geometry and local terrain. Finally, it provides step by step procedures for setting up intercept and jamming links against enemy tactical communications. All skills taught are reinforced by carefully structured hands-on in-class problems.M/p>
• We can adapt this Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training course to your group’s background and work requirements at little to no added cost.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training – Skills Gained:
• Understand the nature of tactical battlefield communication
• Recognize and understand the principle of operation of important types of antennas and receivers
• Calculate communication link performance
• Calculate the requirements for intercept of tactical communication
• Calculate the requirements for emitter location, intercept and jamming of tactical comm. signals including:
–Single channel analog and digital comms
–Cell phone systems
–Weapon control links
–Unmanned aerial vehicle links
–Frequency hopping communication
–Direct sequence spread spectrum comms
–Understand how to avoid communication fratricide
–Be able to use various tools to perform electronic warfare calculations
–Effectively use a Special Antenna and Propagation Calculation Slide Rule
–Apply formulas (using a scientific calculator)
Duration: 4 days
Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare Training – Course Content:
• Introduction to Communication Electronic Warfare
• dB math
• Basic link equation
• Selection and calculation of appropriate propagation model: Line of sight loss, 2 ray loss, or knife edge diffraction
• Digital Communication
• Frequency hopping and other LPI threats
• UAV Payload/link Issues, cell phone issues
• Intercept links
• Communications Jamming (analogue and digital)
• Look through and fratricide issues
• Special techniques for jamming LPI signals
David Adamy holds BSEE and MSEE degrees, both with communication theory majors. He has over 45 years experience as an engineer and manager in the development of electronic warfare and related systems. He has published over 200 articles on electronic warfare and communications theory related subjects, including a popular monthly tutorial section in the Journal of Electronic Defense. He has ten books in print. He consults to various military organizations and teaches electronic warfare and communication theory short courses all over the world.