This Course is available in the following format:
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training Course by ENO
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring virus and spyware protection, zero-day protection, and network threat protection solutions. This Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training class covers how to design, deploy, install, configure, manage, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 (SEP 12.1). Students learn how to create and implement the client firewall, intrusion prevent ion, application and device control, and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses and hackers. In addition, students learn how to perform server and database management, expand the management environment , use virtualization features for virtual clients, and interface the Symantec Endpoint Protect ion Manager with Protection Center.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course:
• This Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants w ho are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products, components, dependencies, and system hierarchy.
• Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
• Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
• Manage the client user interface.
• Manage product content updates.
• Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
• Manage Virus and Spyware Protection policies.
• Manage SONAR scans.
• Manage Firewall and Intrusion Prevention policies.
• Manage Application and Device Control policies.
• Manage virtualized clients.
• Configure replication and load balancing.
• Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
• Interface the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with Protection Center.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1: Administration Training – Course Syllabus:
• The classroom lab environment
Symantec Endpoint Protection Product Solution
•Why use Symantec Endpoint Protection?
• Symantec Endpoint Protection technologies
• Symantec Endpoint Protection services
• Symantec Endpoint Protection components
• Symantec Endpoint Protection policies and concepts
• Symantec Endpoint Protection product tiers
Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection
•Identifying system requirements
• Preparing servers for installation
• Installing and configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
• Describing Symantec Endpoint Protection migration and version compatibility
Configuring the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
•Starting and navigating the SEPM
• Describing policy types and components
• Console authentication
• Licensing the SEP environment
•Client requirements and deployment methods
• Preparing for client deployment
• Client installation packages, settings, and features
• Installing managed clients
• Configuring an unmanaged detector
• Upgrading Symantec Endpoint Protection clients
Client and Policy Management
•Describing SEPM and client communications
• Administering clients
• Configuring groups
• Configuring locations
• Active Directory integration with SEP 12.1
• Client configuration modes
• Configuring domains
• General client settings and Tamper Protection
Configuring Content Updates
• Configuring the SEPM for LiveUpdate
• Configuring the LiveUpdate Settings and Content policies
• Configuring multiple group update providers (GUPs)
• Manually updating virus definitions
Designing a Symantec Endpoint Environment
•Architecture and sizing considerations
• Designing the architecture
• Determining client-to-SEPM ratios
• Content distribution methods
• SEPM and database sizing
• Completing the deployment
Introducing Antivirus, Insight, and SONAR
•Virus and spyware protection needs and solutions
• Reputation and Insight
• Administrator-defined scans
• Download Insight
• Included Virus and Spyware Protection policies
Managing Virus and Spyware Protection Policies
•Configuring administrator-defined scans
• Configuring protection technology settings and scans
• Configuring e-mail scans
• Configuring advanced options
• Configuring Mac client detect ion
• Managing scanned clients
• Configuring Mac Virus and Spyware Protect ion policy settings
Managing Exception Policies
•Exceptions and exclusions
• Configuring the Exceptions policy
Introducing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
•Network threat protection basics
• The firewall
• Intrusion prevention
• Application access protection
Managing Firewall Policies
•Firewall policy overview
• Defining rule components
• Modifying firewall rules
• Configuring built- in rules
• Configuring protect ion and stealth settings
• Configuring Windows integration settings
Managing Intrusion Prevention Policies
•Configuring intrusion prevention
• Managing custom signatures
Managing Application and Device Control Policies
•Creating application and device control policies
• Defining application control
• Modifying policy rules
• Defining device control
Customizing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control
•Tools for customizing network threat protection
• Managing policy components
• Configuring learned applications
• Configuring system lockdown
•Introducing virtualization features
• Virtual image exception
• Shared Insight Cache
• Virtual client tagging
• Of f line image scanner
Configuring Replication and Failover and Load Balancing
•About sites and replication
• How replication works
• Symantec Endpoint Protection replication scenarios
• Configuring replication
• Failover and load balancing
Performing Server and Database Management
•Managing SEPM servers
• Maintaining server security
• Communicating with other servers
• Managing administrators
• Managing the database
• Disaster recovery techniques
Advanced Monitoring and Reporting
•Monitoring the Home and Monitors page
• Analyzing and managing logs
• Configuring and viewing notifications
• Creating and reviewing reports
• Introducing IT Analytics
Interfacing the SEPM with Protection Center
•Describing Protection Center
• Describing the Protection Center appliance
• Configuring Protection Center
• Using Protection Center