This Course is available in the following format:
Secure Coding in C/C++ Training Course Description
This Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course will cover all of the most common programming flaws that affect C and C++ code. Each issue is described clearly with examples. Throughout the Secure Coding in C & C++ Training course students are asked to identify flaws in modern versions of common open-source software to provide hands-on experience identifying these issues in existing code. Exercises also require students to provide secure solutions to coding problems in order to demonstrate mastery of the subject.
The C and C++ programming languages are the bedrock for most operating systems, major network services, embedded systems and system utilities. Even though C and, to a lesser extent, C++ are well understood languages, the flexibility of the language and inconsistencies in the standard C libraries have led to an enormous number of discovered vulnerabilities over the years. The unfortunate truth is that there are probably more undiscovered vulnerabilities than there are known vulnerabilities!
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course:
• C Programmers
• C++ Programmers
• Project Managers overseeing coding tasks in C or C++
• Embedded programmers working with C or C++
• Legacy code maintainers
• Code auditors
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Secure Coding in C/C++ Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Understand basic concepts of security, IT security and secure coding
• Realize the severe consequences of non-secure buffer handling
• Understand the architectural protection techniques and their weaknesses
• Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
• Be informed about recent vulnerabilities in various platforms, frameworks and libraries
Secure Coding in C/C++ Training- Course Syllabus:
IT security and secure coding
Security relevant C/C++ programming bugs and flaws
Common Coding Errors & Vulnerabilities
Advice and Principles