This Course is available in the following format:
Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training Course Description
Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training provides the most comprehensive approach to developing Secure .NET Applications. This Secure Coding in .NET | ASP.NET | C# | VB.NET Edition Training course is designed for ASP.NETand C# developers that require effective, real world, secure programming skills they can implement immediately at the workplace.
This comprehensive 3-day Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course is designed to educate professional programmers on the skills necessary to develop and deploy secure applications as a fundamental element of the entire application development process.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course:
• .NET Application Developers
• C# Programmers
• ASP.NET Developers
• Managers, Architects and Technologists involved in deploying .NET applications
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• The objective of our Secure Coding in .NET course is to encourage you to take security seriously by demonstrating concrete, hands-on examples of vulnerable code.
• You will learn which poor programming practices lead to vulnerable code, how to code securely, and maintain secure development practices throughout the SDLC.
• You will sharpen skills and gain experience in applying secure design and implementation principles through demonstrations of building, testing and securing real-world applications.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in securing and testing applications through a progression of “challenge scenarios” alternating assignments as “attackers” and “defenders” of applications.
Secure Coding in .NET C#/ASP.NET Training – Course Syllabus:
Some of the topics you will learn to master during the Secure Coding in .NET:
o General Web Application Security Concepts
o .NET Framework Security Features
o Input Validation & Encoding
o Input Driven Attacks
o Validation Best Practices
o Output Encoding
o Common Authentication Weaknesses
o Authorization Best Practices
o Controlling Application Access
o Password Security
o Session Hijacking & Trapping
o Protecting User Sessions & Tokens
o Canonicalization Problems
o Parameter Manipulation
o Encryption, Confidentiality & Data Protection
o Cookie-Based Attacks
o Protecting Application Variables
o Error Handling & Logging
o Attacking via Error Messages
o Secure Logging & Error Handling
o Server Configuration & Code Management
o Common App Server Misconfigurations
o Protecting Application Code
o XML Web Services
o Overview of WSDL, SOAP & AJAX Security
o Web Service Attacks
o AJAX Pitfalls
o Web Service Best Practices
o Application Threat Modeling
o Application Context
o Identifying Attacks, Vulnerabilities & Countermeasures
o Threat Modeling Tools
o Cache Control Issues
o SSL Best Practices