This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat System Administration III Training Course Description
Red Hat System Administration III Training, related to Red Hat Enterprise Linux,® 7, is designed for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) certification or equivalent skills and who want to broaden their ability to administer Linux systems at an enterprise level.
The Red Hat System Administration III Training course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam (EX300).
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat System Administration III Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat System Administration III Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat System Administration III Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Note: This Red Hat System Administration III Training course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat System Administration III Training course:
• Red Hat System Administration III is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Students in this Red Hat System Administration III Training course should have earned their RHCSA or have equivalent skills.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat System Administration III Training course are as follows:
• RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
Red Hat System Administration III Training- Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Control services and daemons
Review how to manage services and the boot-up process using systemctl.
Module 2: Manage IPv6 networking
Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv6 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Module 3: Configure link aggregation and bridging
Configure and troubleshoot advanced network interface functionality including bonding, teaming, and local software bridges.
Module 4: Control network port security
Permit and reject access to network services using advanced SELinux and firewalld filtering techniques.
Module 5: Manage DNS for servers
Set and verify correct DNS records for systems and configure secure DNS caching.
Module 6: Configure email delivery
Relay all email sent by the system to an SMTP gateway for central delivery.
Module 7: Provide block-based storage
Provide and use networked iSCSI block devices as remote disks.
Module 8: Provide file-based storage
Provide NFS exports and SMB file shares to specific systems and users.
Module 9: Configure MariaDB databases
Provide a MariaDB SQL database for use by programs and database administrators.
Module 10: Provide Apache HTTPD web service
Configure Apache HTTPD to provide Transport Layer Security (TLS)-enabled websites and virtual hosts.
Module 11: Write Bash scripts
Write simple shell scripts using Bash.
Module 12: Bash conditionals and control structures
Use Bash conditionals and other control structures to write more sophisticated shell commands and scripts.
Module 13: Configure the shell environment
Customize Bash startup and use environment variables, Bash aliases, and Bash functions.
Module 14: Linux containers preview
Preview the capabilities of Linux containers, Docker, and other related technologies in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat System Administration III.
Whether you are looking for general information or have a specific question, we want to help