This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training Course Description
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
Note: If you are looking for training on Red Hat Satellite 5, please see our Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course:
• Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course are as follows:
• RHCE certification or equivalent experience
• Previous Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
• Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
• Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
• Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content
Module 2: Red Hat Satellite organization
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration
Module 3: Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically
Module 4: Incorporate software management into SDLC
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards
Module 5: Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework
Module 6: Configuration management with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework
Module 7: Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
Configure hosts using Puppet