This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) Course Description
This Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. You will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron. This Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) course will also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified Engineer in OpenStack exam (EX310).
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) – Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training course:
• To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
• The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) – Related Courses:
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) – Prerequisites:
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this v course are as follows:
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent experience
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack (RHCSA-RHOS) or equivalent experience
• Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210)
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training (CL310) – What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
• Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
• Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
• Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
• Troubleshoot Neutron issues
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Module 2: Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
• Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 3: Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Module 4: Create snapshots and clones
• Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Module 5: Ceph with the Glance Image service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Module 6: Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Module 7: Ceph with the Nova compute service
• Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Module 8: Introduce networking fundamentals
• Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
Module 9: Network interfaces
• Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
Module 10: Virtual bridging
• Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Module 11: Virtual network devices
• Create and deploy virtual network devices.
Module 12: Network namespaces
• Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
Module 13: Neutron services
• Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Module 14: Provisioning tenant networks
• Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Module 15: Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
• Implement LbaaS.
Module 16: Neutron networking services
• Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
Module 17: Comprehensive Review
• Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.