This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training Course Description
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course will immerse you in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Through hands-on labs, you will implement user stories for an existing Java EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift Enterprise instance. You will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course:
• Application Developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OSE applications with automated unit/acceptance tests, deploying those applications using CI to an OSE instance.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course are as follows:
• You should have general HTML and Java EE programming skills
• You should be a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat (Python, Ruby, JavaEE)
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• This Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training course provides the knowledge necessary for you to take advantage of the platform in a popular DevOps environment. This course is part of a series of DevOps courses that center around the use of OSE to enable continuous delivery a key goal in the DevOps philosophy.
Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise Development Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Development Environment Review
Describe the developer’s tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be utilized in this course.
Module 2: Bookstore Application Review
Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
Module 3: Introduction to OpenShift Enterprise
Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
Module 4: Deploying Applications on OpenShift Enterprise
Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Enterprise.
Module 5: Implementing Continuous Integration
Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
Module 6: Managing OpenShift Enterprise Applications
Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Enterprise command-line interface.
Module 7: Creating Complex Deployments
Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
Module 8: Troubleshooting Applications
Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
Module 9: Customizing OpenShift Enterprise
Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
Module 10: Course Review
Practice the skills learned in this course.