This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training Course Description
The Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training (JB297) 4-day course provides Java™ developers the knowledge and skills required to leverage the powerful Java Hibernate Application Stack. Through clear interactive lectures and hands-on labs, students are introduced to Hibernate essentials and internals along with its practical applications and best practices strategies.
By the end of the Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course, students will have learned the best practices to leverage Hibernate to produce and maintain well-designed, robust business applications while optimizing performance and reducing software maintenance costs.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course:
• Enterprise systems architects
• Experienced Java developers who work with SQL-based database systems
• Business component and database developers
• Database administrators who need to understand how ORM may affect performance and how to tune the performance of the SQL database management system and persistence layer
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course are as follows:
• Experience with Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
• A high-level understanding of enterprise software systems development
• An understanding of legacy systems integration
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Core application programing interfaces for Hibernate (Session, Transaction, Query, EntityManager, SessionFactory, Annotations)
• Hibernate Search, Validation, Shards, and Tools technologies
• Mapping inheritance and polymorphic relationships
• Hibernate HQL, Criteria, and JDBC/SQL queries
• Hibernate Tools integrated development environment (IDE)
• Best practices and patterns for Hibernate developers
• Hibernate deployment, configuration, and performance tuning
Red Hat JBoss Development: Persistence with Hibernate Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Understanding Java Persistence
• Learn how JBoss® Hibernate® effectively answers the question of how to represent relational data in an object-oriented environment.
Module 2: Getting Started with Hibernate
• Deploy a simple application leveraging core Hibernate mappings and persistence features.
Module 3: Hibernate Projects and Tools
• Use available JBoss Developer Studio Hibernate tooling to analyze a project’s domain objects.
Module 4: Advanced Hibernate Mapping
• Extend Hibernate Entities with built-in and user-defined types and develop robust identifiers.
Module 5: Entity Relations and Inheritance
• Use advanced relational mappings to manage uni- and bi-directional associations, and map Java™ inheritance to database tables.
Module 6: Persistent State and Transactions in Hibernate
• Examine how Hibernate manages the relationship between the data in a table and the values in an Entity, and associate these state changes with a unit of work.
Module 7: Querying Data Efficiently
• Learn how to leverage Hibernate-fetching strategies, query options, and filters to produce efficient queries.
Module 8: Design and Best Practices Review
• Learn the basics of Hibernate design patterns and best practices and how to apply them to build efficient Hibernate systems.
Module 9: Hibernate Configuration and Deployment
• Use Hibernate’s highly adaptable framework in a variety of application types, from simple Java standalone applications to full-fledged Java enterprise-class deployments.
Module 10: Hibernate Advanced Frameworks
• Hibernate supplies advanced tooling to assist developers in the areas of testing, validation, search, and spanning database instances.