This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training Course Description
The intensive, hands-on Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course teaches storage management, the Red Hat High Availability Add-On, and the shared storage technology delivered by Red Hat Global File System 2 (GFS2) and Red Hat Gluster Storage. Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You’ll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this four-day Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You’ll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course also helps you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering Exam (EX436).
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course:
• Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availablity clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
• RHCEs interested in earning Red Hat Certificates of Expertise, as well as Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialists (RHCDSs) and Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCAs)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course are as follows:
• RHCE certification is required to take the exam (EX436) or to enroll in a version of this course that includes the exam (RH437).
Upon completing this Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Install and configure the Red Hat High Availability Add-On.
• Create and manage highly available services.
• Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing.
• Configure GFS2 file systems.
• Configure XFS® file systems.
• Work with the Red Hat Storage Server.
Red Hat High Availability Clustering Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Clusters and storage
Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
Module 2: ISCSI configuration
Set up and manage iSCSI.
Module 3: UDEV
Learn basic manipulation and creation of udev rules.
Module 4: Multipathing
Combine multiple paths to SAN devices into one fault-tolerant virtual device.
Module 5: Red Hat high-availability overview
Learn the architecture and component technologies in the Red Hat® High Availability Add-On.
Module 6: Quorum
Understand quorum and quorum calculations.
Module 7: Fencing
Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
Module 8: Resources and resource groups
Understand rgmanager and the configuration of resources and resource groups.
Module 9: Advanced resource management
Understand resource dependencies and complex resources.
Module 10: Two-node cluster issues
Understand the use and limitations of two-node clusters.
Module 11: LVM management
Review LVM commands and Clustered LVM (CLVM).
Module 12: Global File System 2
Understand the GFS2 file system and use tools to create, maintain, and troubleshoot it.
Module 13: XFS
Explore the features of the XFS® file system and tools required for creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting.
Module 14: Red Hat Storage
Work with Gluster to create and maintain a scale-out storage solution.
Module 15: Comprehensive review
Set up high-availability services and storage.