This Course is available in the following format:
Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications Course Description
Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications is a three-day, hands-on course that introduces you to deploying applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes. You will learn how to design containers for the deployment of an existing application across multiple containers, build and test those containers using Docker, and deploy the application in a Kubernetes cluster to achieve high availability and load balancing. Through hands-on labs, you will take a monolithic application and break it down into its distinct services thereby illustrating how containers are an excellent vehicle for microservices architecture deployment.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course:
• This Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications Training course is intended for developers, architects, and system administrators who wish to learn how to deploy containerized applications using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host software and what changes might make them well-behaved applications in a container environment.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course are as follows:
• Familiarity with general programming and scripting concepts
• Understanding of the runtime environment configuration for the language of choice
• Familiarity with relational database concepts and a basic knowledge of SQL; MySQL experience is recommended
• Basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification recommended
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Create containers using Docker
• Work with image registries
• Provide persistent storage to a container
• Create new images using Dockerfiles
• Implement image design recommended practices
• Link containers
• Orchestrate containers using Kubernetes
• Provision development and testing environments with Vagrant
• Continuous integration and delivery for containerized applications
Red Hat Containerizing Software Applications – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Get started with containers
Module 2: Work with containers
Module 3: Manage Images
Module 4: Create custom images
Module 5: Design container images for application deployment over multiple containers
Module 6: Test containerized application deployment using Kubernetes
Module 7: Troubleshoot containerized applications
Module 8: Provision development environments
Module 9: Comprehensive review of containerizing software applications