This Course is available in the following format:
JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) Course through demonstrations and hands-on labs
This one-day Junos Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This Junos Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This Junos Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course:
• This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Explain basic routing operations and concepts
• View and describe routing and forwarding tables
• Configure and monitor static routing
• Configure and monitor OSPF
• Describe the framework for routing policy
• Explain the evaluation of routing policy
• Identify instances where you might use routing policy
• Write and apply a routing policy
• Describe the framework for firewall filters
• Explain the evaluation of firewall filters
• Identify instances where you might use firewall filters
• Write and apply a firewall filter
• Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
JUNOS Routing Essentials Training (JRE) – Course Syllabus:
• Routing Concepts: Overview of Routing
• Routing Concepts: The Routing Table
• Routing Concepts: Routing Instances
• Static Routing
• Dynamic Routing
• Routing Policy Overview
• Case Study: Routing Policy
• Lab 2: Routing Policy
• Firewall Filters Overview
• Case Study: Firewall Filters
• Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
Class of Service
• CoS Overview
• Traffic Classification
• Traffic Queuing
• Traffic Scheduling
• Case Study: CoS