This Course is available in the following format:
Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) Course Hands-on
This five-day Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos operating system security features with advanced coverage of IPsec deployments, virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, and Layer 2 security. This Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) course:
• This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
• Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
• Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, and AppTrack.
• Configure custom application signatures.
• Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
• Implement Layer 2 transparent mode security features.
• Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
• Implement address books with dynamic addressing.
• Compose security policies utilizing ALGs, custom applications, and dynamic addressing for various scenarios.
• Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
• Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
• Implement virtual routing instances.
• Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
• Describe and implement static, source, destination, and dual NAT in complex LAN environments.
• Describe and implement variations of persistent NAT.
• Describe and implement Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) solutions for IPv6 NAT, such as NAT64, NAT46, and DS-Lite.
• Describe the interaction between NAT and security policy.
• Demonstrate understanding of DNS doctoring.
• Differentiate and configure standard point-to-point IP Security (IPsec) virtual private network (VPN) tunnels, hub-and-spoke VPNs, dynamic VPNs, and group VPNs.
• Implement IPsec tunnels using virtual routers.
• Implement OSPF over IPsec tunnels and utilize generic routing encapsulation (GRE) to interconnect to legacy firewalls.
• Monitor the operations of the various IPsec VPN implementations.
• Describe public key cryptography for certificates.
• Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
• Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
Juniper Advanced Junos Security Training (AJSEC) – Course Syllabus:
• AppSecure Overview
Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
• Transparent Mode Security
• Layer 2 Ethernet Switching
• Virtualization Overview
• Routing Instances
• Logical Systems
• Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Advanced NAT Concepts
• Operational Review
• NAT: Beyond Layer 3 and Layer 4 Headers
• DNS Doctoring
• IPv6 NAT
• Advanced NAT Scenarios
• Standard VPN Implementations Review
• Public Key Infrastructure
• Hub-and-Spoke VPNs
Enterprise IPsec Technologies: Group and Dynamic VPNs
• Group VPN Overview
• GDOI Protocol
• Group VPN Configuration and Monitoring
• Dynamic VPN Overview
• Dynamic VPN Implementation
IPsec VPN Case Studies and Solutions
• Routing over VPNs
• IPsec with Overlapping Addresses
• Dynamic Gateway IP Addresses
• Enterprise VPN Deployment Tips and Tricks
Troubleshooting Junos Security
• Troubleshooting Methodology
• Troubleshooting Tools
• Identifying IPsec Issues