This Course is available in the following format:
ISSMP Certification Training Course Hands-on
Learn how to establish, present, and govern information security programs demonstrating management and leadership skills in this official (ISC)2 ISSMP Certification Training course
This ISSMP Certification Training course is designed for CISSPs who specialize in deep managerial elements, such as project management, risk management, setting up and delivering a security awareness program, and managing a business continuity planning program.
Gain security leadership and management skills in order to manage an organizations information security program. Ensure your company meets security compliance regulations by establishing, managing, and overseeing a process to help monitor, assess and enforce compliance with security policies and procedures. Learn vital contingency and incident management practices for reducing the impact of adverse events, such as natural and man-made disasters, virus outbreak, or equipment failure.
ISSMP Certification Training – Related Courses
• CISA Training | Certified Information Systems Auditor Training
• CISM Training | Certified Information Security Manager Training
• CISSP Training | Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training
• CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ Training | CSA+ Certification Training
ISSMP Certification Training – Customize It:
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this ISSMP Certification Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the ISSMP Certification Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the ISSMP Certification Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
ISSMP Certification Training – Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this ISSMP Certification Training course:
• Leaders of the organization’s information security program who typically hold a job title such as chief information security officer, information security director, or enterprise security manager
• Individuals pursuing CISSP-ISSMP® certification
ISSMP Certification Training – What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this ISSMP Certification Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
In-depth coverage of the five domains required to pass the CISSP-ISSMP exam:
• Security Leadership and Management
• Security Lifecycle Management
• Security Compliance Management
• Contingency Management
• Law, Ethics, and Incident Management
ISSMP Certification Training – Course Syllabus:
1. Domain 1: Security Leadership and Management
The first domain reviewed in this official CISSP-ISSMP course is called Security Leadership and Management. It focuses on managing an organization’s information security program. Domain 1 is built upon the concepts of information security from an organizational perspective and emphasizes information security’s role in supporting the overall goal of the organization. Emphasis is placed on application and management of appropriate processes and technologies to achieve organizational goals and objectives for information security.
CISSP-ISSMP Domain 1 Lessons
• Understand Security’s Role in the Organization’s Culture, Vision, and Mission
• Align Security Program with Organizational Governance
• Define and Implement Information Security Strategies
• Manage Data Classification
• Define and Maintain Security Policy Framework
• Manage Security Requirements in Contracts and Agreements
• Develop and Maintain a Risk Management Program
• Manage Security Aspects of Change Control
• Oversee Security Awareness and Training Programs
• Define, Measure, and Report Security Metrics
• Prepare, Obtain, and Administer Security Budget
• Manage the Security Organization
• Understand Project Management Principles
2. Domain 2: Security Lifecycle Management
The Security Lifecycle Management domain assesses the candidate’s knowledge and skill in integrating information security principles and processes into new business initiatives, as well as the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including the operations and maintenance and disposal phases.
CISSP-ISSMP Domain 2 Lessons
• Manage the Integration of Security into the SDLC
• Integrate New Business Initiatives into the Security Architecture
• Define and Oversee Comprehensive Vulnerability Management Programs
3. Domain 3: Security Compliance Management
Domain 3 is about establishing, managing, and overseeing a process to help monitor, assess and enforce compliance with security policies and procedures.
CISSP-ISSMP Domain 3 Lessons
• Validate Compliance with Organizational Security Policies and Procedures
• Manage and Document Exceptions to the Compliance Framework
• Coordinate with Auditors and Assist with the Internal and External Audit Process
4. Domain 4: Contingency Management
The Contingency Management domain covers the planning and implementing processes for reducing the impact of adverse events, such as natural or man-made disasters, virus outbreak, or equipment failure.
CISSP-ISSMP Domain 4 Lessons
• Oversee Development of Contingency Plans
• Guide Development of Recovery Strategies
• Manage Maintenance of the BCP and DRP plans
5. Domain 5: Law, Ethics, and Incident Management
The last domain in this CISSP-ISSMP course is Law, Ethics and Incident Management. It covers the laws and regulations that apply to the organization, as well as the implications of non-compliance. This domain also assesses the core knowledge and skill that is widely accepted across most jurisdictions.
CISSP-ISSMP Domain 5 Lessons
• Understand the Impact of Laws that Relate to Information Security
• Develop and Manage the Incident Handling and Investigation Processes
• Understand Management Issues as They Relate to the (ISC)2 Code of Ethic
ISSMP Benefits and Goals
Some key advantages of ENO’s ISSMP Boot Camp:
• Real Security Expertise by Information System Security Engineers with 10 years or more supporting Federal Government information assurance needs.
• Proven expertise in meeting Certification Candidates needs: we go beyond the ISSMP CBK, and get at how to prep and succeed at the exam.
• Courseware materials that help clarify the security management process, and ensure that students leave knowing how to implement it.
• Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP-ISSMP CBK
• Exam Reviews and Expert In-Class Mentoring
• Pre-shipment of Textbook
• Proprietary ISSMP Prep Courseware
ISSMP Certification Exam
ENO’s ISSMP Boot Camp extensively prepares students for the following (ISC)2 exam: Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP). The examination is comprised of 125 multiple choice questions, each with 4 choices.
The CISSP-ISSMP requires that a candidate demonstrates two years of professional experience in the area of management, and examining it on a larger enterprise-wide security model. It contains deeper managerial elements such as project management, risk management, setting up and delivering a security awareness program and managing a Business Continuity Planning program.