This Course is available in the following format:
IPv6 for Managers Training is a fundamental IPv6 training course covering Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) for non-technical professionals and managers Hands-on
IPv6 for Managers Training, is an insightful and revealing high-level training course has been designed to focus broadly on all the IPv6 key topics and things IT and networking managers need to know before and after migration to IPv6. IPv6 Training Course for Managers – 101 provides a high level tour of all the new features and functions in IPv6. It covers everything you need to know to get started.
The new IPv6 protocols offers extended address space, scalability, improved support for security, real-time traffic support, and auto-configuration so that even a novice user can connect a machine to the Internet. Aimed at system and network administrators, engineers, network designers, and IT managers, this course will help you understand and plan for IPv6 into your current IPv4 infrastructure. Beginning with a short history of IPv6, the course provides an overview of new functionality and addresses why we need IPv6.
» If you are familiar with some aspects of this IPv6 for Managers Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
» We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the IPv6 for Managers Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
» If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the IPv6 for Managers Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
» IPv6 for Managers Training
» IPv6 Security Training
» IPv6 Training Fundamentals
» IPv6 Migration and Deployment Training
» IPv6 Configuration, Operation and Maintenance Training
» IPv6 Protocol, Implementation and Migration Training
» IPv6 Desktop Support | IPv6 Training for Windows, OSX and Linux
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this IPv6 for Managers Training course:
● IPv6 Training Course for Managers – IPv6 101 is designed for Managers, Sales, Marketing, Technical or Non-Technical Professionals, Service Provider level or Enterprise level, and Government Agencies
● Sales and Technical Marketing professionals who need to understand the fundamentals of IPv6 Network Design
● Engineers , Network Administrators, Operations professionals or anyone else who provide IPv6 network, design, configuration, troubleshooting and support services
IPv6 for Managers Training – Objectives
Upon completion of this 1-day IPv6 for Managers Training program, the attendees will understand:
● What IPv6 Protocol is
● How does it improve IPv4?
● What does IPv6 addressing look like and how is it used?
● What IPv6 Routing protocols are
● What the new IPv6 security and QoS features are
● What IPv6 configuration, maintenance and operation issues are
● How does IPv6 implementation and migration plans are?
● What IPv6 migration strategies are
● What lessons are learned from current migration case studies
● What hings IT managers need to know before migrating to IPv6
IPv6 for Managers Training – Course Syllabus
IPv6 Versus IPv4
The Need for IPv6
The Features of IPv6
Overview of IPv6 Functionality
The Structure of the IPv6 Protocol
IPv6 Address Management
IPv6 Host Configuration
Security in IPv6
Mitigating IPv6 Security Threats
Using IPsec in IPv6
Access Control Lists in IPv6
Quality of Service in IPv6
IPv6 Policies and Procedures
IPv6 Applications and Network Migration Strategies and Plans
IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Technologies
Autoconfiguration of IPv6
IPv6 Dynamic Routing
Interfacing IPv6 to the Lower Layers
Transport Layer and IPv6
DNS and IPv6
Application Changes for IPv6
The IPv6 Programming Interface
IPv6 Network Management
Migrating to IPv6
IPv6 Transition Mechanisms I
IPv6 Transition Mechanisms II
Interoperability Issues in IPv6
IPv6 Implementations and Migration Case Studies