This Course is available in the following format:
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training (M20410) Course Description
This Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
This Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course prepares students for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Exam 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, which is the first of three exams required for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential. Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course:
• IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment.
• Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies who are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the course prerequisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
• IT professionals who are looking to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) 410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
• IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. These are a prerequisite for their individual specialties.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course are as follows:
• An understanding of networking fundamentals.
• An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
• An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
• Basic knowledge of server hardware.
• Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
• Windows Server operating system experience.
• Recommended training: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure (10967) e-learning.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
• Describe AD DS.
• Manage Active Directory objects.
• Automate Active Directory administration.
• Implement IPv4.
• Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
• Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
• Implement IPv6.
• Implement local storage.
• Implement file and print services.
• Implement Group Policy.
• Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
• Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 Overview
Installing Windows Server 2012
Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
Introduction to Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
Overview of AD DS
Overview of Domain Controllers
Installing a Domain Controller
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
Managing User Accounts
Managing Computer Accounts
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
Overview of TCP/IP
Understanding IPv4 Addressing
Subnetting and Supernetting
Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
Overview of the DHCP Server Role
Configuring DHCP Scopes
Managing a DHCP Database
Securing and Monitoring DHCP
Module 7: Implementing DNS
Name Resolution for Windows Clients and Servers
Installing a DNS Server
Managing DNS Zones
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
Overview of IPv6
Coexistence with IPv4
IPv6 Transition Technologies
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
Overview of Storage
Managing Disks and Volumes
Implementing Storage Spaces
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
Securing Files and Folders
Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
Configuring Work Folders
Configuring Network Printing
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy
Group Policy Processing
Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
Security Overview for Windows Operating Systems
Configuring Security Settings
Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
Overview of Virtualization Technologies
Managing Virtual Machine Storage
Managing Virtual Networks