This Course is available in the following format:
Email Security Training – FortiMail Training Course Description
In this 2-day Fortinet FortiMail Filtering Training v5.0 class, you will learn how to deploy, use, & troubleshoot Fortinet’s secure messaging gateway: FortiMail. The Fortinet FortiMail Filtering Training course begins by analyzing email security challenges that organizations face. Instructors explain FortiMail’s role as a specialized device, and how each of its features compare and interplaywith FortiGate in providing high-performance yet in-depth email security. Through hands-on experience, students learn how to protect against these threats.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Email Security Training – FortiMail Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Email Security Training – FortiMail Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Email Security Training – FortiMail Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Email Security Training – FortiMail Training course:
• Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance.
• Students must master these courses before attending FortiGate Multi-Threat Security Systems II.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Email Security Training – FortiMail Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Integrate FortiMail into existing infrastructure,with the optimal operation mode
• Deploy HA & redundant infrastructure for ultimate uptime of mission-critical email
• Protect the priceless reputation of your MTA on spam blacklists
• Secure email transmission via best-of-breed technologies: SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, S/MIME, and IBE
• Archive email for compliance
• Leverage your existing LDAP / Active Directory server for user preferences & authentication
• Eliminate spyware & viruses
• Route email & manage queues
• Use personal or domain-wide spam quarantines
• Throttle client connections, blocking MTA abuse
• Understand the system architecture of a FortiMail appliance: how email flows through its modules, how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email, and what parts of the configuration to check if legitimate email is being detected as spam
• Block spam with sophisticated techniques: deep header inspection, heuristics, recipient verification, PDF/image scans, third-party DNSBL and SURBL queries, and the FortiGuard Antispam Service
Email Security Training – FortiMail Training – Course Syllabus:
• Module 1 Overview
• Module 2 System Configuration
• Module 3 Email Setup
• Module 4 Access Control & Inspection
• Module 5 Antispam
• Module 6 Session Monitoring
• Module 7 Content Inspection & Archiving
• Module 8 Securing Communications
• Module 9 LDAP
• Module 10 Maintenance & Troubleshooting
• Module 11 Transparent Mode
• Module 12 High Availability
• Module 13 Server Mode