This Course is available in the following format:
FortiGate Security Systems I Training Course Description
In this 2-day FortiGate Security Systems I Training class, you will learn basic configuration and administration of the most commonly used features of FortiGate appliances. In interactive labs, you will explore firewall policies, user authentication, basic VPNs, explicit proxy, virus detection, web filtering, application control and more. These administrative fundamentals will provide you with a solid understanding of how to integrate and maintain basic network security.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this FortiGate Security Systems I Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the FortiGate Security Systems I Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the FortiGate Security Systems I Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this FortiGate Security Systems I Training course:
• Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance.
• Students must master this course before attending FortiGate II.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this FortiGate Security Systems I Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe capabilities of FortiGate UTM
• Neutralize threats / misuse: viruses, torrents, and inappropriate web sites
• Control network access based on device type
• Authenticate users via firewall policies
• Offer an SSL VPN for secure access to your private network
• Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances
• Compare policy- vs. tunnel-based IPsec VPN
• Apply port forwarding, source NAT, and destination NAT
• Interpret log entries
• Generate reports
• Use the web UI and CLI for administration
• Deploy the right operation mode
• Deploy an explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching
• Simplify protocol handling with application control
FortiGate Security Systems I Training – Course Syllabus:
1 Introduction to Fortinet UTM
2 Logging and Monitoring
3 Firewall Policies
4 Firewall Authentication
5 SSL VPN
6 Basic IPsec VPN
8 Explicit Proxy
9 Web Filtering
10 Application Control