This Course is available in the following format:
FortiGate Security Systems II Training Course Hands-on
In this 3-day Fortinet FortiGate Security Systems II Training class, which follows FortiGate I, you will learn a selection of advanced FortiGate networking and security features. Topics include features commonly used in complex or larger enterprise/MSSP networks, such as advanced routing, transparent mode, redundant infrastructure, security-as-a-service (SaaS), advanced IPsec VPN, IPS, SSO, certificates, data leak prevention, diagnostics, and fine-tuning performance.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this FortiGate Security Systems II Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the FortiGate Security Systems II Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the FortiGate Security Systems II Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this FortiGate Security Systems II Training course:
• Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of a FortiGate appliance.
• Students must master this course before attending FortiAnalyzer.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this FortiGate Security Systems II Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for faulttolerance & high performance
• Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device
• Manage FortiGate device’s route table
• Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load-balance deployments
• Connect virtual domains (VDOMs) without packets leaving FortiGate
• Implement a meshed / partially redundant VPN
• Diagnose failed IKE exchanges
• Fight hacking & denial of service (DoS)
• Diagnose IPS engine performance issues
• Offer Fortinet Single Sign On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory
• Inspect SSL/TLS-secured traffic to prevent encryption used to bypass security policies
• Understand encryption functions and certificates
• Defend against data leaks by identifying files with sensitive data, and blocking them from leaving your private network
• Diagnose and correct common problems
• Optimize performance by configuring to leverage ASIC acceleration chips, such as CP or NPs, instead of only the CPU resources
• Implement IPv6 and hybrid IPv4-IPv6 networks
FortiGate Security Systems II Training – Course Syllabus:
• Virtual Networking
• Transparent Mode
• High Availability
• Advanced IPsec VPN
• Certificate Operations
• Hardware Acceleration