This Course is available in the following format:
Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training (JB463) Course Description
Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training (JB463) Course teaches rule developers and Java™ enterprise application developers how to create, test, debug, and control business rules, how to generate rules packages, and how the Red Hat JBoss BRMS [business rules management system] runtime environment executes rules.
Students will use Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 7 and Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6 to perform detailed, hands-on exercises that enable them to create and manage business rules in a production environment. The principles in this Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course can be applied to implementing a standalone Red Hat JBoss BRMS solution or a Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (business process management) solution.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course:
• Rule authors responsible for authoring and testing rules, using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
• Java application developers responsible for developing and integrating business rules into Java and Java EE enterprise applications
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course are as follows:
• Basic Java and Java EE programming experience
• Knowledge of the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and GIT are useful, but not essential
• Business rule development experience is not required
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Authoring basic business rules in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
• Authoring advanced rules
• Testing and debugging business rules
• Using spreadsheet decision tables
• Authoring and using DSL mapping files
• Red Hat JBoss BRMS architecture and runtime rule execution
• Controlling rule execution and preventing conflicts
• Complex event processing (CEP)
Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Author basic rules
• Author basic business rules using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.
• Rule basics
• Rule components
• Rule processing in JBTravel – a case study
• Authoring rules with JBoss Developer Studio
Module 2: Decision tables
• Describe the purpose and layout of a spreadsheet decision table, and identify how JBoss BRMS loads the decision table at runtime.
• Decision tables in a spreadsheet
• Decision tables at runtime
Module 3: Domain-specific languages
• Describe the purpose of domain-specific languages (DSLs), how to declare them, and how to use them in a rule.
• Domain specific language
• DSL mapping file
• DSL rule implementation
Module 4: Test rules
• Verify that given appropriate facts, a rule will be matched and actioned.
• Test rules with Junit.
Module 5: Author complex rules
• Describe and use rules.
• Advanced conditional elements
• Advanced field constraints
• Additional rule components
• Backward chaining
Module 6: Develop rule applications
• Implement rule management and rule integration into an application and call the rule server at runtime.
• Rule management
• Rule integration
• Rule execution server
Module 7: Control rule execution
• Describe and implement conflict resolution strategies in rule execution.
Module 8: Debug Drools
• Describe the process of debugging Drools applications in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.
Module 9: Complex event processing
• Describe and use complex event processing with rules.
Module 10: Performance (subject to time)
• Optimize the processing and performance of rule execution at runtime.