This Course is available in the following format:
Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) – Hands-on
Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) v2.0 is a training program that provides students an insight into Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) architecture and its solution components. The course highlights the need for digitization in networks and the guiding principles of DNA.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) course focuses on implementation of the following DNA solution components:
• Automation using Cisco APIC-EM and its built in applications like Plug and Play, EasyQoS, IWAN and Path Trace.
• Virtualization in Enterprise Branch Network using Cisco Enterprise Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution.
• Analytics using Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) cloud.
• Security using Cisco StealthWatch, Cisco TrustSec and Cisco Identity Services Engine(ISE)
• Enterprise Network Fabric.
• The DNAIE course also provides hands-on-labs to demonstrate DNA automation using Cisco APIC-EM and virtualization using Cisco NFV.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) course:
• Experienced network engineers working for Enterprise customers who are early adopters of Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture
• Channel Partner Field Engineers who are supporting trials and early deployments of DNA
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training v2.0 (DNAIE) course are as follows:
• Foundational understanding of network design
• Foundational understanding of network routing, QoS and security operations
• Understanding of CDP, LLDP, DHCP, DNS, NTP AND SNMP
• Understanding of TCP protocols like HTTP, HTTPS and telnet
• Understanding of routing concepts an also be able to configure routing protocols – EIGRP and OSPF
• Understanding of enterprise WAN and DMVPN
• Understanding of firewall operations
• Basic understanding of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
• Basic understanding of KVM virtualization (i.e. Linux virtualization)
• Basic understanding of programming concepts
• Basic understanding of SDN, northbound APIs, southbound API and REST API
• Understanding of WLAN parameters
• Basic understanding of WLC and AP capabilities in WLC
• Understanding of power of ethernet (PoE) in Cisco switches
Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) – Objectives:
Upon completing this Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training v2.0 (DNAIE) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Identify the Digital Network Architecture solution by describing the vision, strategy, general concepts and components of it.
• Implement network automation using Cisco APIC-EM and the built-in applications like Network Plug and Play, EasyQoS, IWAN and Path Trace.
• Implement network virtualization using Cisco Network Function Virtualization in Enterprise branch network.
• Implement network analytics using Cisco Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) cloud.
• Implement network security using Cisco StealthWatch, Cisco TrustSec and Cisco Identity Services Engine(ISE).
Cisco Digital Network Architecture Implementation Essentials Training (DNAIE) – Course Syllabus
Module 1: Identifying Role of Digital Network Architecture in Contemporary Network
Lesson 1: Identifying Cisco Digital Network Architecture Vision
Lesson 2: Identifying the Digital Network Architecture Solution
Lesson 3: Identifying the Role of Automation and Orchestration Controllers in DNA
Module 2: Implementing DNA Automation in Core Networks
Lesson 1: Implementing Automation in Enterprise Networks
Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco Plug and Play Solutions
Lesson 3: Implementing an EasyQoS Solution
Lesson 4: Implementing Cisco Intelligent WAN Solution
Lesson 5: Troubleshooting Using Path Trace Application
Lesson 6: Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Function Virtualization
Lesson 7: Implementing Network Programmability in a DNA Architecture
Module 3: Implementing Network Analytics in Cisco DNA
Lesson1: What is Network Analytics in Cisco DNA
Lesson 2: DNA Analytics Architecture
Lesson 3: DNA Analytics Proof Points
Lesson 4: Network Data Platform Architecture
Lesson 5: CMX on Premise
Lesson 6: Context-Aware Services Architecture
Lesson 7: CMS Connect
Lesson 8: Cisco CMX Analytics
Lesson 9: CMX API
Lesson 10: Cisco CMX Configuration
Lesson 11: Cisco CMX Cloud
Module 4: Implementing Security in a DNA Network
Lesson 1: Pervasive Security
Lesson 2: Introduction to NetFlow
Lesson 3: Introduction to Cisco Stealthwatch
Lesson 4: Introduction to Cisco ISE
Lesson 5: Integrating Security Tools
Module 5: Implementing Enterprise Network Fabric in the DNA Architecture
Lesson 1: Understanding the Enterprise Fabric
Lesson 2: Implementing DNA Secure Access
Discovery 1: Introducing Cisco APIC-EM GUI-Network, Devise and Topology Discovery Using APIC-EM
Discovery 2: Implementing Network Plug and Play using Cisco APIC-EM
Discovery 3: Implementing Easy QoS using Cisco APIC-EM GUI
Discovery 4: Site Provisioning and Monitoring using Cisco IWAN Application
Discovery 5: Path Trace Aplication using Cisco APIC-EM
Discovery 6: Site Provisioning with NFVIS on Cisco UCS C220 M3 Server Using OAM Servers
Discovery 7: Initial Switch and WLC Configuration for Cisco CMX
Discovery 8: Adding Maps to Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Discovery 9: Continuing to Add Maps to Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Discovery 10: AP Placement and Orientation
Discovery 11: Exporting Maps from Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Discovery 12: Performing the Initial Configuration of CMX
Discovery 13: Using the System Settings Menu to Configure Cisco CMX
Discovery 14: Adding Outline Wall to CMX Floor Plan Maps
Discovery 15: Using Detect and Connect
Discovery 16: Continuing to Customize Detect and Locate in CMX
Discovery 17: Working with Analytics in Cisco CMX
Discovery 18: Working with Customized Reports in the Analytics Service
Discovery 19: Continuing to Add Widgets toa Customized Report in CMX
Discovery 20: Initial Portal Creation in Connect and Engage
Discovery 21: Adding and Deleting an Element and Adding a Background Image to the Portal Template
Discovery 22: Customizing Text and Registration Elements in the Portal Template
Discovery 23: Exploring the Background Image, Themes, and Languages in the Portal Template
Discovery 24: Login ot the CMX Portal
Discovery 25: Configuring the WKAN and Security in the WLC to Support CMX Cloud
Discovery 26: Configuring an ACL in the WLC for use with CMX Cloud
Discovery 27: Create a Presence Site in CMX Cloud
Discovery 28: Connecting a Client to the Wi-Fi Network
Discovery 29: Working with Presence Analytics and Connect & Engage
Discovery 30: Using the Manage Function in CMX Cloud
Discovery 31: Meraki Integration with CMX Cloud