This Course is available in the following format:
CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 Training (CIPTV1-BR) – Hands-on
CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 Training (CIPTV1-BR) is a two-day, instructor-led course that provides an option if you have taken the CCNP Voice CIPT1 course, or are otherwise familiar with the content, to learn the new material added to CIPTV1 that covers CSR 10.6 technology.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 Training (CIPTV1-BR) course:
• Network administrators and network engineers
• CCNP Collaboration candidates who have previously taken the CCNP Voice CIPT1 course
• CCNP Voice certified professionals wanting to upgrade their skills and knowledge based on new material in the latest Collaboration Courses
• Systems engineers
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 Training (CIPTV1-BR) course are as follows:
• Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
• Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
• Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
• Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks
• Equivalent knowledge to the CIPT1 course or a good understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) administration
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this CIPTV1 Bridge: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony & Video, Part 1 Training (CIPTV1-BR) course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
Describe the role of Cisco UC Manager in a Cisco Collaboration Solution v10.6, including:
• Redundancy options
• IP phone services
• Understand the functions and purpose of LDAP synchronization and authentication in a Collaboration Solution v10.6 as well as attribute mapping and filter features.
• Configure Call Coverage including new “Call Queuing’ capabilities.
• Describe how to configure CUBE.
• Describe the types of media resources that Cisco UC Manger supports.
• Describe how to configure Cisco UC Manager server software-based media resources.
• Implement Cisco hardware-based media resources.
• Understand how to implement audio and video conferencing devices for:
• Cisco UC Manager software audio bridge.
• Cisco IOS-based audio and video conference bridges.
• Cisco TelePresence Server, MSE 8000, MCU and conductor.
Module 1: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Introduction
Overview of CUCM
Deployment and redundancy options
Endpoints and user deployment
Module 2: Implementing CSR 10.6 Calling Features
Call coverage in CUCM
Analyzing single-site off-cluster calling requirements
Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
Using CUBE to access the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) via a SIP trunk
URI dialing in CUBE
Dial plan interworking
Module 3: Media Resources
Media resources in CUCM
Implementing annunciators, music on hold (MOH) and Media Termination Points (MTPs)
Module 4: Audio and Video Conferencing
Conferencing devices and their functions
Implementing conference bridges
Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000
Implementing Cisco TelePresence server and conductor
Deploying endpoints and users
Implementing call coverage
Implementing PSTN calling using SIP trunks through CUBE
Using CUBE for URI dialing
Implementing annunciators and Music on Hold (MOH)
Implementing conference bridges
Implementing Cisco TelePresence conductor