This Course is available in the following format:
Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training (JB461) Course Description
Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training (JB461) Course introduces the student to the Red Hat JBoss BRMS rules engine and repository. In this Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course, students learn how to author and test rules using the graphical user interface of Business Central.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course:
• Business analysts and enterprise SOA architects who are responsible for creating and adapting business policies
• Rule authors responsible for authoring and testing rules
• Java™ EE application developers who wish to learn how to use Business Central to author rules
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course are as follows:
• Basic understanding of data structures such as tables and their relationships; for example, orders and order items
• Experience in developing business rules
• Experience in business modeling
• Ability to work with spreadsheets
Upon completing this Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• Authoring basic business rules in Business Central
• Decision tables and rule templates
• Develop domain-specific languages (DSLs)
• Testing business rules
• Authoring complex business rules in Business Central
Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS Training – Course Syllabus:
Module 1: Overview of Red Hat JBoss BRMS
Learn about the architecture and the need for a business rules management system such as Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
Module 2: Authoring basic business rules
Identify business rule structure and components, including facts working memory.
Identify rule components and how to author rules with Business Central.
Module 3: Authoring rules as technical rules, decision tables, templates and domain-specific language files
Author rules using the Guvnor technical rule editor and decision tables.
Work with domain-specific language files and rule templates.
Module 4: Business rules decision tables and rule templates
Create spreadsheets with rules and rule templates.
Module 5: Domain-specific langua1ges for business rules
Use domain-specific languages created by developers to create rules.
Module 6: Testing business rules
Test business rules using Business Central.
Module 7: Complex rule authoring
Author complex business rules using advanced conditions and field constraints.
Control rule execution.
Learn how to avoid rule conflicts.