This Course is available in the following format:
ANSI-41 MAP Training Course Description
The ANSI-41 MAP is an application standard that provides a means to perform intersystem handoff and roaming. This ANSI-41 MAP Training course examines the call flow scenarios and the TCAP structure defined in the standard. Also shown, is how the various network entities communicate with each other.
• If you are familiar with some aspects of this ANSI-41 MAP Training course, we can omit or shorten their discussion.
• We can adjust the emphasis placed on the various topics or build the course around the mix of technologies of interest to you (including technologies other than those included in this outline).
• If your background is nontechnical, we can exclude the more technical topics, include the topics that may be of special interest to you (e.g., as a manager or policy-maker), and present the course in manner understandable to lay audiences.
Audience / Target Group:
The target audience for this ANSI-41 MAP Training course:
• ANSI-41 MAP is designed for individuals responsible for, or involved with, network planning, switch maintenance, central office engineering, interconnection, technical support or network operations. Though this course is designed for wireless providers, those involved in the wireline interconnect area would also find it beneficial.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completing this ANSI-41 MAP Training course, learners will be able to meet these objectives:
• The student will gain valuable knowledge of how mobile services are accomplished in today’s ANSI-41 networks. This includes how to analyze and decipher critical parameters within the SS7 protocol structure and the Mobile Application Part (MAP) application. You will also learn important call flow scenarios of how network entities communicate vital information in a mobile network.
ANSI-41 MAP Training – Course Syllabus:
ANSI-41 MAP Training Overview
◾Interconnection between the wireline and wireless networks
◾A brief background of the ANSI-41 standard
◾How mobiles are identified
◾The network reference model
◾Intersystem handoff call flows
◾SS7 protocol and ANSI-41 MAP
◾The lower layers – MTP and SCCP
◾General TCAP structures
◾TCAP message construction
◾ANSI-41 operations and parameters
◾Concept of location
◾Roaming and ANSI-41 MAP
◾Mobile authentication and registration
◾Short Message Service
◾Next release of ANSI-41