Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 – Hands-on
The Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 course focuses on data center infrastructure design based on Cisco solutions and technologies. The Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 course includes theoretical content as well as design-oriented case studies in the form of activities. The Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles.
Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 – Course Objectives
The goal of the Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 course is to enable engineers to choose the components and design a scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center.
Upon completion of this Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure Training (DCID) v6.2 course, you will be able to:
• Describe the Layer 2 forwarding options and protocols used in a data center
• Describe the Layer 3 forwarding options and protocols used in a data center
• Describe the rack design options, traffic patterns, and data center switching layer access, aggregation, and core
• Describe the Cisco OTV technology that is used to interconnect data centers
• Design a solution that uses LISP for traffic forwarding
• Describe the hardware redundancy options and virtualize the network, compute, and storage. Discuss virtual networking in the data center.
• Describe solutions using fabric extenders and compare Adapter FEX with VM-FEX
• Describe the Cisco Nexus 1000V solution to extend the hypervisor functionality
• Describe security threats and solutions in the data center
• Describe advanced data center security technologies and best practices
• Describe virtual appliances that are deployed in a data center network
• Describe device management and orchestration in the data center
• Design a data center storage network
• Describe the storage options for the compute and the different RAID levels from a HA and performance perspective
• Describe Fibre Channel concepts and architecture
• Describe Fibre Channel topologies and industry terms
• Describe how Ethernet and Fibre Channel networks converge
• Describe security options in the storage network
• Describe management and automation options for the storage networking infrastructure
• Describe Cisco UCS servers and use cases for various Cisco UCS platforms (B-Series and C-Series)
• Explain the connectivity options in the Fabric Interconnects for south- and northbound connections. Describe port personalities and oversubscription models. Distinguish between the EHV and switching mode, and between the NPV and Fibre Channel switching mode. Describe split brain and partition in time issue with the Fabric Interconnects for HA.
• Describe the hyper convergence solution and how it integrates systems based on different storage vendors. Compare storage vendors and evaluate the advantages for each stacked solution.
• Describe the different management options for Cisco UCS. Design the management solution in HA mode and describe integration with the Cisco UCS domain.
• Describe a Cisco UCS design using different applications and scenarios
• Describe the system-wide parameters to setup a Cisco UCS domain including monitoring, QoS, and organizations to build up a management hierarchy in the Cisco UCS domain
• Describe RBAC and integration with directory servers to control access rights on Cisco UCS Manager
• Describe the pools that may be used in service profiles or service profile templates on Cisco UCS Manager. Describe the design and best practices for naming conventions.
• Describe the different policies you may set in the service profile to achieve and fulfill customer or application requirements
• Describe the Ethernet and Fibre Channel interface policies and additional network technologies
• Describe how to use templates to work more efficiently in Cisco UCS Manager
Registration closes for all classes 2 weeks prior to the start date.
For Government/Corporate purchases, please complete and submit this form